iPod shuffle problem

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by dwd3885, Jan 20, 2005.

1. dwd3885 macrumors 68020

So I really want to get the new shuffle, I think. I'm a college student and I don't listen to music that much, I have a core group of songs that I really like and it expands every few often, whenever I get hooked on a song that apparently has been out for years! I'm not kidding, my playlist is like 20 songs. The thing is, I love sports radio, so I love listening to ESPN radio. ESPN radio here is only on AM station, so getting an mp3 player with FM tuner doesn't matter. So I need to make a decision whether or not the shuffle is worth it? I know I'm not really asking a question, but I just wanted some feedback somehow. Thanks for all your responses.

2. blodwyn macrumors 65816

If you listen to ESPN live then an iPod Shuffle will not help. Or you could always record ESPN from the radio plugged into your computers input jack (if you have one) using Audio Hijack (Mac) or MusicMatch (Windows), save to an MP3 and then put on your Shuffle for listening to later. There are settings in both Audio Hijack and MusicMatch for timed recordings and direct save to MP3.

3. dwd3885 thread starter macrumors 68020

I can do that? Great! I'll give it a try. Is there anyway I could save ESPN radio streams from the internet?

4. blodwyn macrumors 65816

I just tried it with Audio Hijack on my Powerbook and it works fine. I selected the MP3 stream from the ESPN Website and it opened iTunes to play the stream. Then I opened Audio Hijack and set it to hijack iTunes. I ended up with an MP3 file of the 30 seconds I recorded.

5. damtjim macrumors newbie

blodwyn...may I ask how you got your ESPN stream to open up on iTunes?? I am having trouble listening to the streaming audio of Dan Patrick because it say the path is not valid. ESPN News however works fine...any ideas would be alot of help. Thanks!!