ipod shuffle stocks in LA

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by gdavid, Feb 17, 2005.

1. gdavid macrumors newbie

Could someone please give me some info on where it would be best to go to get a 1Gb ipod shuffle in Los Angeles. I have a friend going through there on the 25th Feb and would love for them to be able to pick me one up to bring back to New Zealand. Stocks aren't expected here for a long long time :(

2. Mr. G4 macrumors 6502

Mr. G4

There are a few Apple Store in LA area.
    One is at the Groove the old farmers market (Fairfax and 3rd - I think).
    Another one is in Santa Monica 3rd street promenade.

3. bankshot macrumors 65816

bankshot

There are actually 9 Apple Stores within about an hour's drive of Los Angeles (assuming you're not driving during rush hour... ;)):

Additionally, there are 2 more in San Diego, about 2 hours south of LA. I'd say among all those stores, your friend should be able to find one somewhere. Just have your friend starting calling all of them when he/she gets here, and ask them to hold one of they have it in stock. I did this last Monday when supplies were very scarce, and after calling several stores that had none, I found one at South Coast Plaza. They held it for me for 2 hours, and by the time I got there, they were completely sold out except for mine, which was saved in the back (story here).

And who knows, by then the supplies may be better so that most stores would have them.