Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gslrider

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 4, 2005
Any reason why my iPod Shuffle won't play the music I just synced to it? Once I disconnect from my computer and I play one of the songs I synced, my iPod tells me I must connect to iTunes to sync my music. When I reconnect I don't have to sync, but it will play the music that wouldn't when disconnected.

mythjen

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2012
Cebu
Your ipod shuffle

Yo gslrider!

Are the tunes you mentioned in the Music Library? You need to have these in the Library after you sync, where you can upload them in into the shuffle and play them even after disconnecting from your pc. This is done for easy loading and replacing of playlists at your convenience. Good luck!

gslrider

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 4, 2005
Yeah, all music is in the Music Library, it's even listed on the Shuffle. But for some reason it won't play when disconnected from iTunes. Asks to sync to iTunes.

HurtinMinorKey

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2012
Ipod Shuffle has been designed to break since ver 1. I think I've had 4 of them(and about 8 different chargers because those were designed to break with such genius it's almost a thing of beauty). It's a good thing they are so cheap, so I guess you get what you pay for.

kaielement

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2010
I think in iTunes you can restore or reformat the shuffle try that. If that don't work drive is corrupt and time to buy a new one. And as said before they are so cheap its not that big a deal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.