iPod Shuffle

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Peyote, Jan 10, 2005.

1. Peyote macrumors 6502a

Peyote

An hour ago I noticed a new Trademark application apple filed for something called "Shuffle".

Not too long ago as well, Think Secret reported that the new iPod will be called the iPod Shuffle.

Putting two and two together, this makes sense when you think about the Moscone Banner pics that said "Life is Random"

Also on the banner appear at least one Arrow, and there is a strong possibility that the icon depicted on the banner is the graphic from the iTunes "Random" button

All signs point to iPod Shuffle

2. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

Yup, I'll second that. I just checked iTunes "shuffle" button and the top part of it matches the top part of the banner in that picture. Interesting.... :rolleyes: :cool:

3. Lugonn macrumors newbie

The only reason I'd buy an ipod "shuffle" is if it doubled as a remote control for an Airport express.

Otherwise I'll stick with an ipod w/ a screen.

4. jesuscandle macrumors regular

So, what do you think an "iPod Shuffle" *is*?

A flash stick with a barebones interface that just plays on shuffle? That seems like a pretty cool idea for someone who likes shuffle (that person is admittedly not me.)

5. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

I'd put money on it.

I believe this plays directly into a report (that I can't find at the moment) that was published 3rd/4th quarter 2004. It talked about how there is much, *much* more to iTunes/iPod "shuffle" features than just a randomization. Something along the lines of it being intelligent... (any help with that report would be appreciated).

That being said, I too believe the iPod shuffle is the new iPod.

6. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

Docking, rating songs, battery feed back. All this is lost. But, its a great idea that fits in a niche market. Personally I can't believe Steve has followed through with this after downplaying it in October.

7. denm316 macrumors 6502

True...Cool idea, but I am also not one of the ones who would only want something that shuffles. I would like it sometimes, but other times I want specific songs to be heard.

8. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

It will be really cool if this allows use as a Keyspan type of device. Just a few more hours to go. :)

9. DougJrS macrumors regular

Dosent shuffle take into account how many times you have played the song and your rating?

I don't think that shuffle and random are the same thing. Random would just play various song while shuffle has a little more logic to what it plays.

Doug