Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CubaTBird

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
my photo is acting weird.... last night i plugged it into the power adapter and that was plugged into the wall so as my ipod could recharge.. normal right? well.. i came back like 2 hours later.. disconnected it from the wall and my ipod flickered and just shut off completely.. i freaked out... no buttons would work... i then did the cliche "menu plus middle button hold for 5 sec" and the ipod seemed to be restarting just fine... so i was all good... however this isn't the only time this has happend... before i had put my ipod in sleep mode via holding the play button down... half an hour later i come back and the same thing happend so i had to "wake it up" via the menu plus select button routine again...

sooooooo... do these ipod photos have some sort of off mode? i would like to avoid it lol b/c doing the menu + select routine kidna worries me that im messing up the ipod more..... so yeah..... :eek:

CubaTBird

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
and another weird thing.... sometimes i just leave my ipod idle for a while... and then when i come back to it, it won't turn on... unless i hold menu plus select so as it can restart... my 3g never had these behaviors.. is this specific to the photo?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.