iPod socks now avaiable

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by bdguyton1, Nov 8, 2004.

1. bdguyton1 macrumors newbie

2. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

You know, these things will probably sell. Me, I think I'll stick with my Radtech Podsleevz.

3. jtgotsjets macrumors 6502

jtgotsjets

I'm seriously considering buying some. They're pretty much exactly what I've wanted for an iPod case.

4. russed macrumors 68000

russed

i actually think they are pretty cool. i might get some when they become available in the uk!

5. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

6. Inkmonkey macrumors 6502

Holy lurking lemurs! Does seem a bit pricey. But you do get 6. Or is it 6 pairs? Not sure why you would need pairs for an iPod. Expensive either way.

7. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

Ahhh, he surfaces at last! ;)

Not pairs, six single socks of different colors. Great colors, but too pricey by at least half for my blood.

8. d_p macrumors newbie

9. Inkmonkey macrumors 6502

Holy Manic Macaques! Maybe we could get 6 of us together and go splits on a pack?

10. Inkmonkey macrumors 6502

Great Testy Tamarins! It's good to be back. ;)

The price didn't sound as bad to me when someone said $5/each. Mind you the pack is $39 Canadian so that makes them $6.50 each for me.

11. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

You know this screams STEVE! You know he came up with this, and knowing Apple, it will work, as many thing do. I'm planning to get a set, because they will look cool coming out of my pocket.

TEG

12. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

I have an iPod, as does my daughter. I plan on getting my wife a mini, either for Christmas or our anniversary. Between the three of us, it might almost be worthwhile. I guess I'll take a peek next time I'm at the Apple Store in Towson.

inkmonkey , we look forward to seeing how many variations you can come up with. I'm sure that someone somewhere (Macdawg??) is keeping a file on you...

13. Inkmonkey macrumors 6502

Great Vexing Vervet Monkeys! They even offer an Education discount on them! Not sure why that struck me kinda funny.

14. rendezvouscp macrumors 68000

I can't believe they are actually making an eductional discount available. Madness! Although the iPod socks do look cool. I wonder if we'll be able to try them out in Apple Stores... :D
    -Chase

15. Will Curran macrumors regular

Will Curran

16. jared_kipe macrumors 68030

jared_kipe

Yeah 5USD isn't too bad for a carrying case that is simple like this, but it's a lot like the little baggies you used to get free.

EDIT: Now that I see you can't buy a single sock for $5 I think we need to set up a insider sock trading. (sorry I just couldn't resist) Somebody needs to buy a pack and sell the colors s/he doesn't want in our marketplace.

17. jared_kipe macrumors 68030

jared_kipe

18. slooksterPSV macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

I'd just pay the orginal price, not an edu of $26. I think this thread should be in software lol. Ok so I know, that was dumb, but when I think of hardware, I think of components.

19. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

You SoftWEAR?

Attached Files:

20. MacFan25863 macrumors 6502a

MacFan25863

21. BWhaler macrumors 68020

BWhaler

22. asif786 macrumors 65816

asif786

Do you remeber how many people were saying 'He's joking - you're all stupid to fall for it. You guys are so sad.'

I hope YOU feel stupid now :p :D

23. mcadam macrumors 6502a

mcadam

Seems a bit risky to me to put a product on the market called iPod sucks :rolleyes:

A

24. timnosenzo macrumors 6502a

timnosenzo

So... either I'm falling for a hoax, or I can't find them :cool:

25. Sabbath macrumors 6502a

Sabbath

Apple are actually pretty smart with these socks, I used to use an iSkin and it was always a nightmare with the horrible feeling rubber. You could never slide it into your pocket properly, it always got all kinds of muck stuck to it, the screen protector would always move around and it wouldn't protect the wheel. Since getting my foofpod I never use my iSkin, it is just so much easier and has protected my iPod just as well. So these socks use a similar idea, which must be insanely cheap for apple to make and they sell all the nice colours with the disgusting ones together so you have to fork out $30 for the lot.

So what seems like a good product as well as a funny announcement when Steve made it.