IPOD: Songs lost in invisible folders!

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by amigamoon, Jul 13, 2004.

1. macrumors newbie

Jul 13, 2004
    After my computer crashed, I had to reinstall everything, including the ipod software & musicmatch. Somehow, when I plugged my ipod in, it separated my songs into these folders named f1-f10 under the ipod's system control folder that I had never seen before. After I ejected ipod and put it back in, I could not even access these folders, the songs just completely disappeared. I know the songs and the folders are still in there because it still takes up the same amount of space, but under its information it says "0 songs."

So I did a bit of research and so I downloaded an ipodripper for Windows, but that failed to show the invisible folders. What else can I do?!?! I've heard of people accessing these files somehow through a terminal or tinkertool, but I'm not sure if they have these for Windows. :confused:

Please help!!!
  2. macrumors 6502a

Nov 22, 2003
    If you still have the songs on your computer, just use the iPod updater to do a "Restore" on the iPod. Then put the songs on again.

If not, you're probably out of luck; however, you can try turning on the viewing of hidden folders to see if they can still be seen.
  3. macrumors newbie

Sep 28, 2003
    ripping music

here's some tips on how to see those hidden files:
  4. Guest

ummmm......musicmatch?? switch to iTunes, man.