iPod speakers recomendations

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Solafaa, Aug 27, 2005.

1. Solafaa macrumors 6502a

Solafaa

I got tryed of syncing my iPod with 3 computers so i decided to just sync it with my laptop and use a speaker for my desktop which is were i listen to music the most. I would like sometime to put on the side which does not have to be protable at all or could be very portable i am looking for quality.

Plan is i come with iPod in hand hook it up enjoy my music leave with iPod. Anything you guys could recommend?

Thanks.

2. GilGrissom macrumors 65816

GilGrissom

I use the JBL On Tour for my iPod. Granted it's portable, but I feel the sound quality is excellent. It's perfect for iPods, computers and any other MP3 player (not tied to the iPod).

They are stylish, portable, loud, good sound quality, mains powered if need be. They come with a little carry bag to help you carry them around etc. The curve in the design is very cool, and the opening mechanism is very interesting and does have quite good practical properties, such as make-shift hanging the speakers up. The body has rubber grips underneath to help stop it from slipping around on a surface.

There are some other JBL speakers on the Apple Store here.

Amazon link for the JBL On Stage here.
    Hope this helps. :)

3. AstrosFan macrumors 6502

AstrosFan

I use the JBL On-Stage system (Amazon link).
    I think the sound is excellent & it's fairly portable.
    The other benefit is that it charges the iPod as well.
    The major downside is the lack of a remote control.
    Some would complain that it doesn't run on batteries, but you indicated that you don't need the portability so it shouldn't affect you.

Good luck!