iPod Speakers

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by dwd3885, Jan 6, 2007.

1. dwd3885 macrumors 68020

I was thinking about buying some speakers for the iPod 5G. I was wondering if they are worth it or not. I don't need anything really portable, just something for when I want to listen to music while hosting a party or working out. In your guys' opinion, are iPod speakers the only logical choice for this? I dont have a home stereo or anything. I already have an FM-Transmitter, but that's more for my car and while I'm at work (I work at a restaurant as a cook, rock and roll all night long!)

Thanks!

2. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

Depends on how good the speakers are that are hooked up to your computer. If you have good speakers, your machine should be able to replicate the contents of your iPod with good sound.

Just to contradict myself, I'm thinking of getting an iHome for a room in my apartment that's far enough from my speakers to make the sound sorta iffy. My students say wonderful things about the iHome, but I'm hesitant. Would love to hear from other users about their experiences with all kinds of iPod docking speakers.

3. stillwater macrumors regular

I don't know how much money you want spend, but if you want docking speakers with good audio quality and enough power to fill a good sized room, then I wholeheartedly recommend the Jamo i300 which is what I have.

[​IMG]

4. HugMnster macrumors member

I just got the sonic impact I-F2 speaks last week an am very pleased with them so far. They are portible with a rechargible battary an sound pretty good.

jack

5. SuperCompu2 macrumors 6502a

SuperCompu2

iHome is a good system for a docking speaker device, I would recommend it.