iPod- speakers

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by spuncan, Apr 3, 2002.

1. spuncan macrumors 6502

well Im buy the 10gig iPod (there goes $500) but I have a question about speakers. I would like to own a set of portable speakers. I would like something under $100. Right now I and looking at the new version of the Apple Pro Speakers which run on a Mini-Stereo plug (I would have to buy a adapter) But in the description it says that the new G4 theyre desinged for has a built in Amplifier. So my question is does any one know if the music would be quiet because of this. Thanks for ur help.

2. menoinjun macrumors 6502a

menoinjun

3. spuncan thread starter macrumors 6502

my son?

well actually i visit that site often i didnt find anything there. But w/ the my son thing im only 11 days new then u I just dont post much. :) But thanks for the post maybe more people will come and post under this.

4. davidc2182 macrumors regular

question

anyone think they are going to drop the ipod in price? i mean 500 smackers is a lot of money its like 1/3 the price of the midrange imac!

5. spuncan thread starter macrumors 6502

The Answer

The problem is toshiba (the supplier of the iPod HD and the Firefly HD) charges like $200 (guess) for it so its hard to make a price drop w/ out toshiba making one. Now can someone reply to my question?

6. menoinjun macrumors 6502a

menoinjun

I didnt mean to offend with that my son thing...just another of my pathetic attempts at humor.

I made a video in FCP for my video class today, and my roomates and I thought it was hilarious. So it came my time to show the video, and the class was absolutely silent...not even a snicker. I felt like a real douchebag. Just like this here. Oh well. This is just not my day.

-Pete

7. spuncan thread starter macrumors 6502

none taken

i didnt mean what is said to sound angry (the smily :) )
    but anyways doesnt anyone know about the new g4.
    u dont want me to just go and waist $60 do u. ;)

8. Digidesign macrumors 6502

Well junior,... chief,... tiger,.... bigguy,... boss,.... shooter.... :D

I recently bought some portable speakers for my iPod, not the Apple Pro Speakers, but these cheap foldable ones from Urban Outfitter's website. Not having them amplified makes a BIG difference. Even with the volume turned up all the way, I still can't get a strong sound unless I put the speakers right next to my ears.

If you go with a portable speaker solution, make sure it's amplified!

9. spuncan thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks alot

thats whays i thought but i wasnt sure thanks alot. I've seen those speakers rnt those the one that fold up.

10. MacKenzie999 macrumors regular

iPod Speakers

I'm not sure if they exist outside Boston area, but Cambridge Soundworks (.com, probably) make some pretty amazing speakers for home & desktop at really good prices. I don't have a pair for my iPod but I have an $85 set consisting of a pair of lil' guys and a subwoofer for my mac that sounds as good as a much higher end home system (IMHO).

Good luck... I'm still in the honeymoon phase with my iPod. Ahh...

11. buffsldr macrumors 6502a

buffsldr

Gents,
    Cambridge soundworks is a major manufacturer of speakers. They are in league with SoundBlaster, are they not?