iPod Stereo/Clock/Radio

Discussion in 'iPod' started by BrotherHalo, Sep 8, 2006.

1. BrotherHalo macrumors newbie

Sep 8, 2006
    Can anyone recommend a decent (but low cost) clock/radio/dock for the iPod? I've looked at what Memorex offers, as well as the H5 iHome, but they seem awfully expensive, especially considering the most expensive part of the stereo is the iPod itself...

Any input would be appreciated!
  2. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

May 2, 2005
    Wheaton/Normal, IL
    If you choose to buy something like that, make sure you're very careful about how long you leave your iPod in it because most of those units spell death to iPods, especially the batteries.

3. pianoman macrumors 68000

May 31, 2006
    the iHome unit is rather expensive, as are any iPod stereo system. someone posted on MR a while ago about using your computer as alarm clock. i don't remember the program, but i think it was free or pretty cheap. the program uses iTunes to wake you up after you set a time.

sorry i couldn't be any more helpful.
  4. BrotherHalo thread starter macrumors newbie

Sep 8, 2006

Would that be because of the constant charging applied to the iPod from the stereo unit? I've always wondered about that.

What I'm looking at is just to have a unit in my bedroom to be able to plug my iPod into at night. Either for music, for a morning alarm, etc...
  5. Apple2Mac macrumors regular

Sep 3, 2006
    I tried the H5 ihome but was disappointed by the sound quality, I tried the JBL On Time and was very happy with the sound but the interface is clumsy, I mean really clumsy its like running windows clumsy...