iPod stolen:prices of video ipod???

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by john_satc, Oct 31, 2006.

1. john_satc macrumors 6502

Hey, I know everyone is fed up of the 'how long to video ipods' talk. However, this is slightly differnet. I had my iPod stolen from uni last week, and as pitiful as it may sound, i cant live without my ipod. So I was going to buy another one this week. However, I thought the new iPod video might be coming out in the new couple of months, so could wait. But then I thought, watching video on the go doesn't really appeal to me. So here is the question - if/when the new ipod comes out, what sort of price would it be, looking at the current price of £189 for the current 5g. Another 30/40 quid on top of that, or more???I know we cant know for sure, but going on history, what do you think???

2. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

It seems as though Apple lowered the prices on the 30 and 80 GB models with the last revision so that the new full screen video could be introduced at a slighty higher price point. Say US $249 for 30, $349 for 80, $449 or $499 for full screen video. It will be a different product most likely to keep the older video and nanos for more pure music/photo etc, whereas this will be more of a video and less of a music oriented unit.

3. sparks9 macrumors 6502a

4. theman5725 macrumors 6502

I'm guessing it won't replace the current iPods, but add on to the line. It will be more expensive then the current iPod.