iPod stuttering problem

Discussion in 'iPod' started by skubish, Oct 1, 2006.

1. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

I have this problem that some of the podcasts I listen too will stutter when I play them on my iPod Nano 1G. The podcasts play fine in iTunes.

Anyone else have this problem?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Could it be the headphones? Maybe try listening to the stuttering Podcasts in iTunes via your nano's headphones to see if the problem is duplicated. :)

3. nomirth macrumors newbie

Same problem

I've been having the same problem with my 1G nano. Usually happens for a few seconds every 5-10 minutes. Switching headphones doesn't fix the problem (I thought it might be a problem with my lanyard phones, but it wasn't). I'm glad at least one other person has this problem. But a solution would be nice!

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

nomirth, is the problem exclusive to podcasts for you too? :)

5. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

I have the same problem, limited to podcasts. When I rewind to before the stuttering happens the stutter isn't replicated. They play fine in iTunes and the stuttering problem only seems to occur on the initial playing of the podcast.

Haven't had the problem since I updated to software version 1.3, they must have fixed it.

6. nomirth macrumors newbie

Chundles, you seem to be correct. I upgraded to version 1.3 and have not had the problem since. Thanks for the suggestion. (And yes, mad_jew, I only ever encountered the stuttering problem on podcasts.)