ipod to 8"tft screen

Discussion in 'iPod' started by wizzerandchips, Oct 15, 2006.

1. wizzerandchips macrumors 6502

Jul 6, 2006
    I have a 8" tft tv which has PC/vga connections and a usb connectors. I have managed to get my macbook to show on the tft but would like to play my ipod movies on the tft screen. Is there a cable available from ipod to tft.

I tried via usb but no go and there is no s video for it so it only looks like I can do via vga from phone jake in ipod.
  2. ®îçhå®? macrumors 68000

Mar 7, 2006
    what phone jack. There is a headphone jack or a dock connector. The headphone jack only gives audio output so you need a dock connector one. I havent seen one like you describe but that is not saying that you cant get one.
  3. wizzerandchips thread starter macrumors 6502

Jul 6, 2006
    headphone jack, Imhave the video out cables to play on a tv but wanted to see if i could get a cable to convert to vga connector to play on a tft screen/tv
  4. mufflon macrumors 6502

Sep 15, 2006
    Yeah the ipod is able to show video directly from the earphone thingy - it's able to use 3-phase connection (no real clue what the equivalent is in english so I made a half arsed tranlation) - right/left audio and video.
    To make this work proper you should head to the closest apple related store and buy one...

... and then head to the nearest tech store and ask them how to make it work on a tft screen with vga - it'll prolly be messy with a lot of different wires, but it should definetly work imo.