Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seenew

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 1, 2005
Brooklyn
Is there a way to connect my iPod directly into my factory sound system? I just bought a 2002 Grand Prix and my FM transmitter does not work well at all with the car. It also has no cassette deck or line-in. Does anyone have any ideas?

Viking Quest

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2006
seenew said:
Is there a way to connect my iPod directly into my factory sound system? I just bought a 2002 Grand Prix and my FM transmitter does not work well at all with the car. It also has no cassette deck or line-in. Does anyone have any ideas?

Try one of these. I have it in my 2001 BMW. It works great.

timnosenzo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2004
ct, us
Not familiar with GM stereo systems--but I have an adapter for my 2004 VW that plugs into the CD changer port and plays through the stereo (and it charges the iPod as well). It rules.

greg555

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2005
Canada
In-line

Another idea is to get an in-line FM modulator (not transmitter), like the one Crutchfield sells. Then the FM signal goes right into your radio not through the air to the antenna then to the radio.

It will still have the limitations of FM but should give you a stronger/cleaner signal.

Greg

BlueT

macrumors member
Aug 9, 2005
USA-Spec

I recently purchased an adapter made by USA-SPEC. It's sold by Crutchfield and worked perfectly. I have a CD-changer cable in my trunk that connects to the iPod, so I have full control of the iPod in my arm rest. It was the absolute ideal solution, but YMMV. BTW, the cost of the box was 110, addl cable was 25, and having Best Buy route the cable from my trunk to the arm rest was 40.

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
seenew said:
why can't you use a casette adapter? my maxell gives very clean sound.

technicolor

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2005
><><><><
I ended up having to get a new head unit to direct connect my ipod.

But use the link above to see if you have an aux port already on your system.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.