iPod, to eBay or not to eBay?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Wes, Sep 5, 2004.

1. Wes macrumors 68020

Wes

I have a 10 gig 3G iPod that's in great condition and I just synched with my mac to find that I have too many mp3's for my trusty iPod to handle. I am considering putting it on eBay and then upgrading to a 20 gig model. I'd rather not sell it on eBay after all I've heard, if anybody makes me a reasonable offer I'd be willing to sell it so I can upgrade. I'm in the UK though I suppose I'd be willing to ship worldwide. I have the original boxes and got new apple headphones last week so I'd throw those in too.

2. fugeelama macrumors member

fugeelama

3. Wes thread starter macrumors 68020

Wes

Hmm the US $ has really been suffering against the pound. $100 is only £55. The iPod I want to get is going to cost me £191 and I want to make around half of the cost of that. £95 isn't bad for an iPod in the UK, but thanks to the weakness of the dollar that makes it $170 for you. I'll look into eBay and see how much they are going for.

4. fugeelama macrumors member

fugeelama

Doh! I didn't even look into currency exchange rates! Well, good luck with eBay, just make sure that you get the payment in certified funds before you send the item out!

5. Wes thread starter macrumors 68020

Wes

6. FuzzyBallz macrumors 6502a

FuzzyBallz

Well, you can always put it in the Market Place/Classified section of this forum.