Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bradkevans

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 4, 2004
Boulder
I recently purchased a standard RC connector to connect my 3rd generation IPOD to the home stereo... (from the headphone jack) but it sounds tinny, and not clear

Any one got a solution to get highquality output from my IPOD to the home system? all the music on the pod had been converted at the highest quality via Itunes, so I think it's the connector, no the converted audio.

THanks

revenuee

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2003
Re: IPOD to home stereo

Originally posted by bradkevans
I recently purchased a standard RC connector to connect my 3rd generation IPOD to the home stereo... (from the headphone jack) but it sounds tinny, and not clear

Any one got a solution to get highquality output from my IPOD to the home system? all the music on the pod had been converted at the highest quality via Itunes, so I think it's the connector, no the converted audio.

THanks

first are you using an adaptor,

or a 1/8 inch to audio composite (red/white RC)

try turning the EQ off on your iPod and see if that fixes it

second .. .what Audio-in are you using on your stereo, ?

SBG88

macrumors regular
Feb 19, 2003
Well, if you are using the 3rd gen ipod with the dock (i think 3rd gen are the ones with dock) you have to plug the connector into the line out of the dock. It sounds great.

revenuee

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2003
Originally posted by SBG88
Well, if you are using the 3rd gen ipod with the dock (i think 3rd gen are the ones with dock) you have to plug the connector into the line out of the dock. It sounds great.

I thought that too ... but it tried it in both the dock and the headphone jack and it worked the same on mine

so i don't think thats the problem

i think it's the settings for the Audio in he's using on his stereo

sosumi

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2003
Gothenburg, Sweden
I use the headphone jack of my 1st G iPod with a 5$ cable and it sounds great, but then again I'm not an audiophile. (Audiophiles rarley have good music taste)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.