IPod to my new Mac. Enable Ipod for 2 computers?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by laughingbabe16, Jun 29, 2006.

1. laughingbabe16 macrumors member

Sorry if the title is confusing.

Anyways, I want to do 2 things:

1) I want to transfer my iTunes music on my PC to my Mac. I was thinking to just burn a cd and then transfer them to the mac this way. It seems easy.

2) When I plug my ipod into the mac, nothing shows up. I want to be able to buy songs from iTunes on the Mac and transfer over to the ipod. And I want to be able to buy songs from itunes from my PC and have those songs also go to my ipod. Basically, I will be using my ipod on 2 computers.

Thanks!

2. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    To use an iPod on a Mac and a PC, you should format it to work with your PC first. (FAT 32) that way it should work on both.

If you formated it to work on your Mac first, your PC won't be able to work with it.

Either way, it should show up on your Mac, so I think that is a bigger problem.

3. laughingbabe16 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, it has been formatted on my PC. I've been using my Ipod for the last 4 months on my PC and I just got my new mac about 2 weeks ago. When I plugged it in though, nothing came up. A message did however, that my Ipod needed an update. So I clicked update but Mac wouldnt allow it to because it isnt in Mac format. ??

4. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada

Hmmm

Well, it sounds like your mac is trying to update it with an iPod updater, and reformat it so that it is in Mac format.

i would just click "cancel" when prompted by that, then it should work on your Mac, and PC.