ipod touch 2nd gen apps closing immediatly

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jamays00, Jan 26, 2009.

1. macrumors member

Hi, I just purchases an ipod touch 2 weeks ago and have downloaded a few games (fieldrunners, rolando). now today all of a sudden as soon as i touch the game if brings up the loading screen for 2 seconds and then quits... tried restarting... can anyone help?

2. macrumors 6502a

Although I have never had the problem I have seen similar threads and it appears it may be an authorization problem.

A couple of fix's that seem to have worked for others are, downloading a free app directly to your touch via wifi, it seems that having to enter your account information to download the app will fix the authorization problem. Deleting the apps from your Touch then connecting to iTunes and re-sync to re-install the apps, this takes a little longer but also seems to work but you must make sure that iTunes is logged into the account that the apps were purchased with before connecting.

Hope this helps.

3. macrumors 6502a

You may just have to turn your iPod off by holding the sleep button for a few seconds. I know safari quits out of nowhere because there isn't enough ram left. You should buy free up memory. It's an app then frees up your ram and it's only a dollar. It works real well.

4. thread starter macrumors member

thanks tadad1! the deleting and re-sync method worked for me.

5. macrumors 6502

Same thing happened to me and I did as stated above.

6. macrumors newbie

Help

Hi there guys

Ive too had the problem with the apps closing down, 5th time now, on my Ipod Touch 2nd Gen. :apple:
    Before i opted for the downloading a free app idea. which has worked each time.
    This time I went for the Syncing my Ipod and the deleting them, and trying to re-sync them back on. This is were I have a the problem.
    My itunes will not re-sync them to my ipod.:confused:
    I comes up with this message.......asdfjjsdigfds.jpg (screen shot)

ANY HELP GUYS quick as possible, i want it to go on hols tmoz

Attached Files: