Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fuzzydunlops

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 26, 2010
Hey guys

I managed to get my hands on a 2nd gen ipod touch last week, but sadly it was faulty as i couldnt get any sound, at all. Luckily it was still within 12 months so I got it exchanged down at the Apple store.

Been home with my new touch for a couple of hours now and decided to test some music, but the earphone socket/jack just seems very loose, when I move the ipod touch slightly the sound cuts out if the jack moves/twists or the wire gets a little tug....it just doesn't feel secure in there, its like the jack is the wrong size. I tried the apple earphones first then tried my bose earphones after, but they both feel like they dont fit.....

I have nothing to compare this to as my other ipod touch didnt get out any sound at all, but surely this isn't how they are designed? How would anyone walk around with this in their pocket?

so basically is the jack socket just that poor? or have apple dumped a faulty touch on me?

tadad1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2008
I have nothing to compare this to as my other ipod touch didnt get out any sound at all, but surely this isn't how they are designed? How would anyone walk around with this in their pocket?

LOL, clearly it is not how it is designed, take it back.

liamkp

macrumors 68020
May 29, 2010
Try and take a Q-Tip, take off some cotton and rub the Q-Tip around the inside.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.