Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pestul

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 16, 2009
As the title says, I'm trying to resolve an issue with an iPod Touch 3G. Basically, the touch screen responsiveness is completely gone. I've already tried swapping in a new digitizer, but no response. I've also tried just about every other potential solution I could find online (factory resets/reboots etc). One suggestion I've found is to let the battery completely drain to reset the circuitry and it may work.

Currently the screen shows the flashing charge indicator and has since Saturday. Do I have to wait for this to completely disappear, and if so, how long can that usually take?

Any tips on how to empty it out completely? I know it's quite possible that the controller board is just shot, but I figured this was at least worth a try.

Thanks

EDIT: Of course it would die completely less than 5min after posting this thread lol Mods can delete this if they would like. Unless anyone is interested in the ultimate outcome of whether or not the drain worked in fixing the touch screen.

EDIT2: It didn't. Bummer.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.