iPod Touch 4.2.1 Won't Access Apps

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MommyMagid, Mar 18, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

I bought a used iPod Touch 4.2.1 for my daughter months ago and has been working fine until today. When I plug it in to sync, it won't allow me to access the apps section of the device. I can add or remove all other media (music, videos, books, etc.) but not apps. I see the screen but it is kind of gray, and my mouse can't click on anything. I can't upload version 5 software so obviously it is not the most recent generation. When I plugged in my iPhone, the apps section worked fine. Also, I still have over 2 GBs of space on the iPod Touch so I don't think it could be a space issue.

Can anyone recommend a fix without having to restore? Also, I am a lay user so if you have information, please keep that in mind. (And I turned it off as well as restarted my computer to no avail.)

Thanks!

2. macrumors 603

Try restarting the iPod. If that doesn't work, make sure Restrictions are disabled in Settings > General > Restrictions. The "Installing Apps" may be off in there, preventing you from installing applications.

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Exactly

My daughter turned Restrictions on and doesn't know the passcode for it. I hope that reinstalling the iPod will turn Restrictions off. I assume it will.

Lesson learned.

Thanks.

4. macrumors 603

Don't restore. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings