iPod Touch 4G Help! Files deleted, won't boot up.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jbigwood, Jan 19, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

Jan 19, 2013
    So i downloaded Ifile from cydia to see all my hidden files on the ipod and i accidentally DELETED an important folder called "stash". after i deleted the file, the ipod froze complety so i turned it off(reset it) and turn it back on and its stuck on the Apple logo screen. what should i do? and another worse thing is i'm using an LINUX computer so i cant use ITunes. even if there is a way to install ITUNES to linux, i dont have the admin password to install stuff. so is there a way to bypass the password aswell?

also the "stash" folder contain all apps
  2. Redjericho, Jan 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2013

macrumors 6502a

Sep 16, 2011
    Why in the hell did you delete the stash folder?

Your only hope is to find iTunes somewhere (a library or something?) and restore it.
  3. old-wiz, Jan 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2013

macrumors 604

Mar 26, 2008
    West Suburban Boston Ma
    More to the point, why go monkeying around in the file system if you don't know what you are doing?
  4. thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 19, 2013
    dame it it was an accident i droped the ipod and when i picked it up, i tap "delete"

i know what i'm doing and i know what it's use for and how to use it. Why would i install an app that i'm clueless with?
  5. macrumors G3

Jul 23, 2002
    Sol III - Terra
    Probably the only thing you can do with the iPod Touch is a DFU restore. Which is going to require iTunes.

Abd as for a Linux box that you don't have a password for, that you need to take up with the owner of the box.