Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

v2allen

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 20, 2010
I have an iPod touch 2nd gem should I upgrade to the 4g or wait till 5th gen?

ryan0402

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2010
i have a ipod 2g should i upgrade to 4g or new nano. I was thinking nano because i can get a liitle carried away and addicted to games without realising it. but i want an hd camera.

ultralord910

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2008
i have a ipod 2g should i upgrade to 4g or new nano. I was thinking nano because i can get a liitle carried away and addicted to games without realising it. but i want an hd camera.

Get the touch. The new Nano is a big waste of money.

SlamJam12

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2010
I know I am going to try them at the Apple Store first. I want to see how the Nano is different and how well I can adapt to the small touchscreen.

rhythmac

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2009
NYC
I've got patience

I planned on selling my 3G 32GB Touch for $150 and upgrading to the 32GB 4G BUT, there are too many cons....they simply outweigh the pros.

• The new 4G comes with plain earbuds (no mic or remote) :eek:

• Camera...really in 2010 they offer a .7MP camera? :confused:

• My current Touch is pristine...no real need to upgrade (but I would have found some excuse to if things were different) :eek:

I will wait for 5G !

Link2999

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2008
I planned on selling my 3G 32GB Touch for $150 and upgrading to the 32GB 4G BUT, there are too many cons....they simply outweigh the pros.

• The new 4G comes with plain earbuds (no mic or remote) :eek:

• Camera...really in 2010 they offer a .7MP camera? :confused:

• My current Touch is pristine...no real need to upgrade (but I would have found some excuse to if things were different) :eek:

I will wait for 5G !

1. The stock earbuds suck anyways. Just buy a quality replacement for $20.
2. MP does not equal image quality. Just wait until we get some real screenshots.
3. Can't really say anything on this one as it's an opinion, but if all you're waiting for is earphones with a remote (mic is built into the iPod) and a camera that takes bigger pictures, I would say these issues are very minimal. Maybe a 2 on a scale of 10.

rhythmac

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2009
NYC
1. The stock earbuds suck anyways. Just buy a quality replacement for $20.
2. MP does not equal image quality. Just wait until we get some real screenshots.
3. Can't really say anything on this one as it's an opinion, but if all you're waiting for is earphones with a remote (mic is built into the iPod) and a camera that takes bigger pictures, I would say these issues are very minimal. Maybe a 2 on a scale of 10.

1. laughable! quality replacements for $20? I was just commenting on the fact they chose not to include fundamental accessories.
2. true...I'll wait and see
3. I thought about "facetime" ...but really....do I need that in my life?!!!!

Don't get me wrong.... I wanted to get the new 4G....but for me, right now, I cannot justify it to myself, much less to my wife!!! :( ...so I will wait for 5G! Unless some disposable $$$ comes my way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.