iPod Touch 4G to record my lectures?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by manito2000, Sep 28, 2010.

1. macrumors member

Hello everyone...

I'm trying to see if it's possible to use my iPod Touch to record my lectures?

I speak into a microphone and would like to have a way to record the sound from the mixer directly to my iPod...

Is this possible?

What do I need?

2. macrumors 6502

Do you move around a lot? It would be easier just to record directly with the included mic and it will probably capture you unless you are really covering miles when you walk around. I've found the mic to be pretty good actually, but haven't tried to use it to capture something like a lecture.

3. thread starter macrumors member

I would need it to record directly from the mixer because of movement. I rarely speak from my lectern... :( I tried doing the built-in mic but the sound was not that good.

4. thread starter macrumors member

5. macrumors 65816

Mr Kram

i was wondering, can you use the mic from the apple headphones or similar?

6. macrumors regular

ghostshadow

If you're recording directly to the mixer, I would imagine a splitter would allow you to record directly to the iPod and to the mixer at the same time.

7. macrumors 68020

I know the mic'd headphones that Apple makes use a third contact for the mic. What might work is a standard A/V cable for a camcorder. This has 3 conductors total as well. You'd have to plug that cable into you iPods headphone jack. Then figure out which RCA end it's using for audio (it will be red, white, or yellow.). Whichever it is, plug that into the "tape out" RCA connection on your mixer. If you need any further help, feel free to private message me. I'm an Audio Visual professional by trade, and my specialty is rigging up non- standard things and making them work.