Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KHdasdasd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 8, 2013
Every night I charge my iPod Touch and turn it off so that I can use it during school the next day. This morning, when I touched the metal back, it was warm, even though it was off during the night. I turned it on and I only had 9% of my fully charged battery from the day before. It has just had this problem today. Is my battery dead or is it something else? Help please.

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
Every night I charge my iPod Touch and turn it off so that I can use it during school the next day. This morning, when I touched the metal back, it was warm, even though it was off during the night. I turned it on and I only had 9% of my fully charged battery from the day before. It has just had this problem today. Is my battery dead or is it something else? Help please.

Looks like its time for a new/ replacement ipod

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
It sounds like a battery issue with the iPod. If it's still under AppleCare contact Apple right away. If not you can either go through the battery service or buy a new iPod. In the US, Apple charges $79 (+tax) for the battery service.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.