iPod touch 4th Gen Cases

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by AppleMactablet, Sep 2, 2010.

1. macrumors regular

Jan 25, 2010
    We all know that when we get a ipod with the chrome backing, that it's doomed from the start to be cover in scratches-so we end up buying cases.

Please list here, any info on iPod touch 4th gen cases-Please provide link/s, and photo/s if necessary for all to see.
  2. macrumors 604

Jul 4, 2008
    Silicon Valley
    So? It still functions the same with a scratch or no scratch. But most cases make it bulkier and look ugly and in the iPhone 4's case, blocked the flash from working properly. Most cases take away from function. A few don't.
  3. macrumors regular

Sep 1, 2010

I'm looking forward to what the Incase Slider will look like for the new iPod touch.
  4. macrumors regular

Apr 10, 2009
    Does anyone know a company who makes thin plastic films for iPods to go over the shiny back? Because I gave up on using proper cases ages ago; they're way too bulky and generally just ruin the iPod.
  5. macrumors newbie

Jul 25, 2010
    I'm probably getting a case for my iPod Touch 4g. With the design being even thinner, I doubt I will be able to grip the device properly. On another note, I hope case manufacturers will make a case that effectively covers the cameras so that at least I could bring my iPod to places that don't allow cameras, video recording, photography, etc. An earlier gen case wouldn't be able to do this as the new device is thinner and the back has a new design.
  6. macrumors newbie

Aug 5, 2010
  7. macrumors regular

Apr 28, 2008
  8. macrumors 6502a

May 18, 2010
    I plan on getting a case day 1 when I get my new iPod touch.
  9. macrumors regular

Aug 25, 2009
    I wasn't pleased when I got the Zagg Invisible shield for my env Touch. But I know there is another company that makes these types of all around protectors. Does anybody know the name of it/them? I just ordered the new 4th Gen and would like to order a protector too. Thanks
  10. macrumors 6502

Jul 12, 2008
  11. macrumors member

Jul 14, 2010
    Bodyguardz are probably the ones you are thinking of but there's also 'best skins ever'.
  12. macrumors regular

Aug 25, 2009
    Okay, yeah. Bodyguadz was it. Thanks! Okay, I'll check that out too.
  13. macrumors regular

Jul 10, 2008
    just enjoy the thing. In a couple years it will be an old fart piece of technology anyways.

No case is the best case IMHO.
  14. macrumors newbie

Jun 30, 2009
    might want to check out Ghost Armor also. There was booth right outside the Apple store in the mall. Looked pretty good and they seem to get good reviews.
  15. macrumors regular

Aug 25, 2009
    Okay, thanks!
  16. macrumors regular

Aug 31, 2009
    Without any experience with ipods of my own I must avail myself of yours: do you guys (gals) think a leather pouch will save the back and front of an ipod touch from scratches?
  17. macrumors newbie

Apr 17, 2010
    I hated my incase for my ipod touch 2g. I'd pick up my ipod, and unless i was holding both parts of the case together, the ipod would slide out of the bottom, and rip my earbuds out of my ears. it already has 2 cracks in the screen just from falling out of the case. Definitely would not reccomend.
  18. macrumors 6502

Nov 29, 2009
    What about a simple, thin black leather case? I'm not a big fan of films...
  19. macrumors newbie

Sep 1, 2010
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

You can pre order a full body skin at best skins ever. Honestly, they're the EXACT same thing as Zagg or Bodygaurds but a hell of of alot cheaper. Only $6.99 for an entire body skin! Compare that to Zagg's $30 skin...total ripoff! Plus, BSE doest have all this fancy packaging so shipping only costs you the price of a stamp!

20. macrumors 6502

Jul 12, 2008

^Free only pay the $2 shipping >__>
  21. macrumors newbie

Sep 1, 2010
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Wow, didn't think it could get much cheaper than BSE. Thanks for showing me, just got one.

It's amazing how these bigger companies can get away with charging $30 for one of these. The probably cost next to nothing to make.
  22. macrumors 6502a

Oct 20, 2008
    I used a leather slip case with my 2nd gen touch for a couple of weeks and found that with the touch sliding in and out any dust or grit that got into the case (which it will) started to put micro scratches on to the back. I was able to buff them out with car polish but did not use the slip case after that.

I tried Best Skin Ever, and another brand I don't recall the name of and they both applied and looked great because they added no bulk and resisted finger prints well but both soon got all grotty as pocket lint, dust etc started to accumulate\stick around the edges so I ripped them off.

Wasn't a big fan of them but grabbing an inexpensive Belkin silicon case just to keep it protected whilst I found a better solution and never got round to replacing it. Took it off every week or so to clean it and the touch so no dust and grit got between them and the back looks pretty much as good as it did the day I bought it and there is not a blemish on the front glass.

Not sure what I will go with for my new touch when it arrives but will pick up a silicon to start with.

The new Mophie Juice Pack for the iPhone 4 looks quite nice, if the new one for the touch 4g looks any good I think I might give it a try as having an extended battery appeals to me and with the 4g touch being thinner and lighter I am not too hung up about adding a bit of bulk to it.
  23. macrumors regular

Jul 22, 2009
    Ft. Lauderdale - FL
  24. macrumors 65816

Jul 29, 2010
    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
  25. macrumors regular

Sep 1, 2010

I have great experiences from the Incase slider on my iPod Touch. It fits nice and tight. The feel of the slider is soft and has a reliable grip. I recommend this case.