Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

keegs.breva

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 30, 2012
After following the method of determining the iPod's battery life (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1322), I came up with these results:

17 hours, 9 minutes of music playback with 20% battery percentage left.

Wifi - Off

Bluetooth - Off

Location Services - Off

Push Notifications - Off

Brightness at its lowest.

Only music.

My question is, is this normal? or my battery is defective? Thank you in advance.

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
I don't think that's very good for a iPod Touch 5G. My 4G can last a week playing a few hours of music everyday, so I think the 5G should at least last as long, if not longer.

Battery life on audio only is 40hrs for both devices btw, so there shouldn't be any difference.

if you feel insecure, do a restore in iTunes. Should solve your problem.:)

kleistra

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2012
After following the method of determining the iPod's battery life (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1322), I came up with these results:

17 hours, 9 minutes of music playback with 20% battery percentage left.

Wifi - Off

Bluetooth - Off

Location Services - Off

Push Notifications - Off

Brightness at its lowest.

Only music.

My question is, is this normal? or my battery is defective? Thank you in advance.

Brightness at its lowest? If you only test it by playing music, brightness obviously doesn't matter - unless you leave the screen on.

keegs.breva

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 30, 2012
Brightness at its lowest? If you only test it by playing music, brightness obviously doesn't matter - unless you leave the screen on.

oh yea that makes sense -_- .. i did not turn the screen on btw :D ..

so is this normal??

Androidfan1x

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2012
For just the last 20% of your battery (am I reading that right?) that looks pretty good. For the entire charge that's not very good.

No you're reading it wrong, he means after fully charged 100%, he did the test and at 20% he got 17 hours music playback

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.