IPod touch 5G Pre-Order From Amazon.com

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Zmanbaseball2, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Zmanbaseball2, Oct 10, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2012

macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Anyone preorder the iPod Touch 5G from amazon.com
    When will I get my new iPod touch 5G from amazon.com
    Mine is not shipped yet.
    32 GB White

2. macrumors newbie

I preordered mine from Amazon soon after they were announced (64gb black) to save on tax. Mine still hasn't shipped either and their website still says the item is not yet released.

Since the iPod Touch is starting to show up in Apple stores I can't imagine it'll be much longer before Amazon gets their stock in. I'm hoping every day :D

3. thread starter macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Really annoying, everyday after school I check and check. And it's still up for Pre order...

4. macrumors newbie

most likely friday because right now only certain apple store carry them and most reseller should receive their shipment on friday. I contacted macmall.com (where I ordered mines) and they said their shipment is arriving friday

5. macrumors newbie

C5-9

Still no word

It would be nice to know when.

6. macrumors newbie

I hear ya... this entire iPod Touch "launch" has been a big guessing game. At least now we know they're shipping, showing up in stores, and running TV ads. It can't be far off :)

7. macrumors demi-goddess

LadyX

I emailed an Amazon customer representative and she said that they'll start shipping the iPod Touch 5G once it gets officially released in stores. She said if you choose 1 or 2 day shipping, you'll get it on release day.

Did Apple confirm an exact release date? If so, when is it?

8. macrumors newbie

Interesting... I have 2-day shipping on mine. But I still don't think there was ever an actual release "date", so who knows what that means. I hope they don't have them in stock and they're just waiting for some date to roll around :confused:

9. macrumors newbie

If it's anything like the 4g launch, expect to be waiting awhile even if you have 2 day shipping.

10. macrumors 6502a

I called a few minutes ago and Macmall told me Friday the 19th was the earliest they expected a delivery.

11. macrumors newbie

The person i contacted on monday said the 19th then I contacted them again on tuesday and that guy said the 12th and they will be shipping the ipods out on the same day as well

I'm guessing the 19th was the "estimated" date and was later changed to the 12th because Apple began shipping out the iPods out this week and MacMall probably didn't know when the release date was so they guess it was the 19th. Probably the rep that you talked to didn't receive the update

12. macrumors newbie

I am patiently waiting for Amazon as well. I have never had an issue with them so if I have to wait a few extra days so be it.

13. thread starter macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

I just cancelled the order of the iPod touch 5g because i called the apple store at the palisades mall in NY has it in stock for purchase

14. macrumors newbie

If they don't ahold them out by Saturday I'm going to see if I can find one locally at an Apple store in Miami. It seems the 64gb versions are a bit rarer ai we'll see. I'd rather get it from Amazon though and save about $30!

15. macrumors newbie

An update: I still hadn't heard anything from Amazon this morning so I went out to the local Apple store (at The Falls in Miami) and they had the black in 64gb! Bought it on the spot and have been enjoying it ever since. The only way I could be happier was if it was available in 128gb... everything else is wonderful! I absolutely LOVE the shape, new back material, and lightweight feel of it. This is lightyears ahead of my 3g!

Amazon really dropped the ball on this one... I'm sure many people are canceling their pre-orders and picking them up at the store.

16. thread starter macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

What do you fill the iPod touch up with

17. macrumors regular

I doubt it's Amazon's fault. Apple probably hasn't supplied them yet. Apple's bound to make more money selling them directly to consumers, so they're milking it through at least the first week.

18. macrumors newbie

I didn't get my iPod touch 4g from amazon till 3 weeks after the apple stores got them. If you can wait you will pay no tax.

19. macrumors 6502

Why you askin us? Contact Amazon.

20. macrumors newbie

C5-9

Amazon status is now "shipping soon"... can't wait!

21. macrumors 601

Plutonius

Amazon is charging sales taxes in many states and will be charging taxes in all the states (that have taxes) within a year (so enjoy your tax free orders while you can).

Some of us also don't have sales tax in our state so we can get a new iPod Touch 5 right now at our Apple stores without paying taxes :p.

22. macrumors regular

i live in california, so
    - amazon charges taxes
    - apple charges taxes
    - newegg charges taxes
    - bestbuy charges taxes
    - newegg charges taxes
    - office depot charges taxes

can't think of any store that doesn't charge taxes in CA

23. thread starter macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

You said newegg twice lol

24. macrumors 6502

How is it that you can save tax?

25. macrumors newbie

If he is anything like me has likely has lots of apps and music. All the apps I own is well over 100GB, music alone is 330GB. So yeah many of us would surly love an iPod touch with far greater storage capability.