iPod Touch 5G running slow? RAM problems?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Director Of NIA, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Director Of NIA, Mar 29, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2013

macrumors newbie

Well it's just really slow for some reason. I downloaded this app that lets me monitor the RAM usage. If I delete everything from the multitasking menu, then the free memory goes up to around 35% - 40%. However, if I have more than three apps open, the free memory immediately drops down to below 5%. Is this normal?

Thanks in advance.

*Salas, no it's not jailbroken. Today I deleted all the apps from the multitasking menu and opened up Metalstorm only, then I did the same with my iPad 2, which has the same CPU, GPU, and RAM. When I checked the RAM monitor afterwards, iPod was below 5% again, while the iPad was around 20%. Should I take my Ipod in to an Apple Store?

*Racoonboy, I turn it off every night. I don't know if this is true - I'm just speculating, but I think the problem was caused by the case I bought. Maybe it caused overheating, and this caused the iPod to slow down.

2. macrumors member

Jailbroken? If so, what tweaks do you have. Also what apps do you have that might be running all the time

3. macrumors 68000

Thetonyk123

I doubt the apple store would do anything, try to hard reset your device. That usually refreshes the ram. (Hard reset does not erase anything and you hold lock & home button down until the apple logo appears, ignoring the slide to power off)

4. macrumors 6502a

For all i know, Ipod 5 and ipad 2 has same ram 512mb which should be plenty. I hardly experienced force close on my Ipad and there is no obvious lag or stutter on games.

Ipod is a lot smaller device but retina might eat up more ram, i dont know. Still it should be plenty to move around because my iphone4 is the same ram and worse cpu.

Maybe u should turn it off and on once in awhile.