iPod Touch, a bunch of pics

Discussion in 'iPod' started by clevin, Nov 26, 2006.

1. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

2. stevehp macrumors 6502

Well, that first pic surely looks fake...A picture like that would probably not find its way onto a patent application. I also think that for normal music playback you wont need it to be widescreen...

3. clevin thread starter macrumors G3

clevin

its ipod video player, and the pic is from ilounge.com, i suppose they have some good reputation, lol. and yeah, Im sure thats not real photo, just a computer model.

4. backsidetailsli macrumors 65816

backsidetailsli

5. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

Wow you took a relatively unimpressive photoshopped picture and spliced it with a patent filing, sounds completely accurate :p. If you want advice on making a more convincing mock up, don't try to put it with a patent, center the dock connector port on the bottom, and fix the geometry so you can't tell where boxes have been blended together to make a screen *cough* and try for some more convincing borders.

6. stevehp macrumors 6502

link?

I find that incredibly hard to believe for 2 reasons:
    1) That apple would submit a photo such as this for a patent application (and ilounge would get a copy of it)
    2) It just looks plain ugly and much different - ie the mac osx background and the ugly front row knockoff to choose your media.

7. clevin thread starter macrumors G3

clevin

lol, i don;t use photoshop, and its not that hard for you to see thats two pics, right?

8. clevin thread starter macrumors G3

clevin

1) sory u got confused, the pics are from different source, the patent one is the one at bottom, the top one is just i searched from google.
    2) who knows, apple alway make new stuff, right? and I think touch screen is really a innovative idea.

9. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Here is the first pic...a mockup somebody Photoshopped.

Here is the second. It is from Apple's patent application. But as we all know, they've filed applications on lots of stuff that hasn't seen the light of day.

10. clevin thread starter macrumors G3

clevin

well, sory, i don;t know "they've filed applications on lots of stuff that hasn't seen the light of day."
    But anyway, i do think their touch screen stuff is a pretty good idea, very innovative.

11. knackroller macrumors regular

knackroller

Mock up or not , i think the pic does look like something I might consider buying

12. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

People here are just sick of seeing these mockups because for a while there was one or 2 being posted every day with dumb stories like "my uncle works with a guy, who knows a guy who saw a box of em fall off the back of a truck and now he's selling em out of his garage and I got one!"

13. GroundLoop macrumors 68000

GroundLoop

I think that the final version (if we ever see one) could look like this mockup from a hardware perspective. I think the software interface will look nothing like that picture though.

One thing that I think is blatantly wrong though is the dock connector location. Apple has a "UNIVERSAL" dock for a reason. I think that customers woud be quite upset if they needed to purchase a special dock after Apple already ripped them off once. So, the dock would have to be on the "side" (in landscape mode).

Thanks,
    Hickman

14. Sharewaredemon macrumors 68000

Sharewaredemon

I don't think apple would put the dock port there.

Then everyone would have to buy new docks and cases.

What's the point of a universal dock if you flagship product won't fit in it?

15. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

It wasn't that i thought they were 1 picture together, just the overall presentation is way too obvious of you trying to prove something. If you didn't photoshop it yourself then what was the point of posting it anyway, it's not like we haven't ever seen a mock up of what someone thinks the next "true video" iPod would be.

16. clevin thread starter macrumors G3

clevin

whatever, i found two pics, from reputed site, i put two pics together, then what? whatever, dude, in ain't playing games, and not interested in convince u anythin, like it or not, at least the patent one is real, is it? if next gen of ipod will just like 5.5 gen, lol, that would be super disappointing.