Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JohnEZ

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 14, 2005
So a friend of mine and I were talking today. We think that the "iPod Touch" sounds just a little too awkward and clumsy. Too many syllables, if you know what I mean.

"iPoke," anyone? :p ;) :D

-John
PS. Please excuse my sorry attempt at humor. :)

wakerider017

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2006
US of A
3 syllables... ya that is way too many...

Seriously, don't you have anything better to do than think about the name?

JohnEZ

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 14, 2005
Seriously, don't you have anything better to do than think about the name?

As a matter of fact... nope. :) As long as it's still waiting in the wings and my work is done for the day, I allow my mind to wander. ;)

Also, please note: PS. Please excuse my sorry attempt at humor. :)

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
iPod touch is only 3 syllables compared to iPod nano, iPod classic and iPod shuffle which are all 4. I think it is important to keep the "iPod" brand and to then differentiate the specific device in a manner such as Apple has done. iPod touch is simple and effective. I like it.

Schnebar

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2006
California
iPod touch is only 3 syllables compared to iPod nano, iPod classic and iPod shuffle which are all 4. I think it is important to keep the "iPod" brand and to then differentiate the specific device in a manner such as Apple has done. iPod touch is simple and effective. I like it.

yeah people refer to the iPod nano as the nano

maybe the iPod touch will be called just the touch as slang as more people get to know about it.

Now we have to say iPod touch because not that many people know what we are talking about if we say the touch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.