Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

inscrewtable

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 9, 2010
I find the sound my iPod Touch makes when plugging in the lightning connector in iOS 7 to be the most irritating sound in the entire Apple repertoire but I have looked through the sound menu and there does not seem to be an option to change the sound that is made when plugging in the lightning connector.

Is there something I am missing here or is there some other way around this.

thanks

defunct32

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2013
I find the sound my iPod Touch makes when plugging in the lightning connector in iOS 7 to be the most irritating sound in the entire Apple repertoire but I have looked through the sound menu and there does not seem to be an option to change the sound that is made when plugging in the lightning connector.

Is there something I am missing here or is there some other way around this.

thanks

I'm not sure what it sounds like but it can't be that annoying?

inscrewtable

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 9, 2010
I'm not sure what it sounds like but it can't be that annoying?

oh it's annoying, probably the most annoying sound apple has ever come up with, similar to the standard 'no mail sound' on mac OS. The old sound was unique in that it did not sound like any other alert sound but rather a unique pleasant electronic trill.

What is mad is that Apple has installed gazillions of quite nice sounds into iOS 7 yet they hard code this godawful plug in connector sound. I don't get it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.