ipod touch <=> android tablet

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ukecage, Mar 29, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

hi there,

i was wondering if there is ANY possibility to manage (music, photos, etc) my ipod touch 3rd gen via my asus tf101 android tablet since i dont have a "full" computer anymore.

at the moment i am thinking about replacing the operating system with one that is able to communicate with android.

is there a way to do that?
    is there a way around that?

i already tried dropbox and stuff like that, but it doesnt really work.

i d be very greatful for a solution.

thank you in advance

ukecage

2. macrumors 604

there's no way to replace the OS on the iPod Touch.

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

for sure? there are a lot of videos on youtube like this. they re all fake?

4. macrumors member

It is Impossible to replace the OS on the iPod Touch. I have found many video and post related to this on net. but all are fake.

5. AdrianK, Apr 10, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2012

macrumors 68020

Not true. iDroid is a real project to bring Android to the iOS devices. I had on my iPhone 2G for a while, but it's completely unusable due to the lack of hardware support. The OP's iPod is a 3rd gen which I don't believe OpeniBoot supports, so iDroid won't run on it, but it can be done.

That's iDroid.

There's only iDroid and that won't help at all.

iTunes is really the only usable way to sync unless you want to use apps other than the stock apps for Music/Photos/Videos.

6. thread starter macrumors newbie

not true. i ve used either rythmbox or banshee (not sure anymore) to sync exactly this device in linux.
    do you know any other solution? i dont have to use the stock apps...

anyhow. thank you everyone for trying to help!

7. macrumors 6502a

yanksrock100

I am not sure, but I would recommend not replacing the OS since many things could go wrong. Also, iOS is a very solid platform, and if you have iOS 5, you can manage most of your items via the iPhone alone, and not a computer, or tablet.

I know you said dropbox didnt really work well, BUT there is another service called Box, and it gives 50 FREE gigabytes if you have an android tablet.....and that 50 gigabytes is for your whole account, incuding iOS, android, and computer. Something to look into maybe.

8. macrumors newbie