Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jkim251

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2007
what case did you buy (if you have one) and where did you get it?

delude

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2007
UK
I've bought this case: http://ifrogz.com/products.php?cat=351

From: A seller on eBay.co.uk . They sent the wrong case though, so hopefully the proper one should get here tomorrow.

On the actual iFrogz site they seem to have removed a load of colours, although if you look around you can probably still get them. (If you are in the UK then Currys have an iPod accessories site which sells them).

dagored

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2007
Florida
Just got the Otterbox Defender in for the Touch.

The case is well made and fits perfectly around the Touch. It snaps together with clips on the side and top and bottom. On top of that you pull over, for lack of a better description, the outer silicon skin. It fits over the entire unit except for the screen. There are holders, for lack of a better term, on the sides and top that grip the silicon skin and keep it from moving.

The membrane over the screen is just a hair above it. So, you must tap the screen and it works just fine. I do not have any problems using it. Now, if you were trying to draw, I could foresee a problem.

Is your Touch protected? You bet. I used an iClear before this and although I like it, it was slippery at times and I tended to really grip the Touch. When handing it to someone I was a bit leery. You are not going to lose your grip with this covering. I have never seen anything like it. It grips, but can be wiped off, no lint, etc sticking to it. I'm impressed.

Is it worth $29? I think so. Will everyone like it, I don't think so, but I payed $400 for this and I use it all the time since it has been jailbroken and I tend to drop things at one time or another. Right now it is staying on the Touch. I might change my mind later, but right now I do not see anything I would replace it with.

ppc_michael

Apr 26, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
I have the Belkin iPod Folio here.

It's pretty good, though it doesn't have a hole for the light sensor, so the auto-brightness doesn't work properly.

But overall I think it looks less goofy than other ones.

iJawn108

macrumors 65816
Apr 15, 2006
jjcord_touch_clr_lrg.jpg

love ut

http://www.dlo.com/Products/JJcord_touch_Prod.tpl?command=showpage&cart=11992284509967052

GilGrissom

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2005
I have the Belkin iPod Folio here.

It's pretty good, though it doesn't have a hole for the light sensor, so the auto-brightness doesn't work properly.

But overall I think it looks less goofy than other ones.

I've been eyeing this one up. Does it have a little slot to put some credit cards in at all? It looks great, but I could do with a case with at least a single basic slot to hold a card or 2 or some notes in.

I'm getting to paranoid about my Touch getting damaged now.

Thanks.

lamina

macrumors 68000
Mar 9, 2006
Niagara
These cases are a monstrosity and detract from what the iPod touch should be - thin and sleek. There's nothing like the feeling of that metal on your fingers.

Get an iPod sock. It's the best iPod case as far as I'm concerned, and the one I spent $5 on in 2006 is still rockin on my new touch.

The problem with these cases is that they trap dirt between the rubber of the case and the metal of the iPod, which causes deep pitting and scratches. After a case I had ruined the back of my girlfriend's iPod, I decided I will never buy a case again, and stick with the simple iPod sock.

They're also good because they give the iPod a wipe each time you take it out or put it in. Best of all, you can get a pack of 6 from Apple for $35 (ouch), or you can buy them in singles on eBay for $5 + shipping, and sometimes people on the MacRumors marketplace sell them as well.

jkim251

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2007
wow

wow...$6 for a SOCK?

you can go to k-mart - go to the kids section and buy knee socks that are colored. use a scissor and trim it some and you got yourself a sock

i agree that sometimes cases detract from the slimness of the ipod but a sock? would never buy one like that

GilGrissom

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2005
I can't decide whether to get a silicon sleeve for my touch or get a leather folio type case, but I'd want card slots in my folio case if that's the route I took.

N

natezire71

I got an OtterBox, it the best possible case you can get. By best, I mean, most protected, its got one layer of polycarbonate shell, then a silicone grip going over the entire ipod. I've tested throwing my iPod at walls, and no visible or internal damage has occured. I would highly recomend this case

Scarpad

macrumors 68020
Jan 13, 2005
Ma
Bought a DLO Video Shell overall it's fine, if there's any issues it might be the the Back buttong and power on button covers are quite stiff, but they seem to be softening with use.

dagored

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2007
Florida

Well maybe not that abusive. I have the Otterbox Defender as stated up above and you can literally drop it and not worry.

However, as I have stated before, this is not a case for everyone. It adds bulk to the Touch, but not much weight and it hides its looks. That seems like a turn off for many people. Protected and working is more important to me.

cheekybobcat

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2007
U-S of A
griffin convertible.

leather.

front flap to cover face.

has hole for light sensor so auto-brightness works properly.

love it.

I have the same one, and so do almost half of the kids I know who have a touch.

I definitely recommend this case. It fits snug in the case and doesn't move around in it. I don't have a single scratch on my touch!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.