iPod Touch connector

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by mooty, Oct 29, 2007.

1. macrumors regular

Is the iPod touch connector the same as all other iPod connectors? Ie the same as the nano and ipod?

Thanks,

2. macrumors 6502a

RodThePlod

Yup - they use the same connector. Be aware, though, that accessories which you may have used successfully with older iPods *may* not work with the touch even though the connector is the same...

Rod.

3. macrumors member

Does this apply to chargers as well? I need to find a wall socket charger in for the touch in a bad way....

The most important accessory I am missing for my touch right now (in addition to a good carry case/skin!) is a wall mounted charger for when I travel and dont have easy access to a USB port.....

4. macrumors regular

I'd like to knwo too - I have two wall chargers for the iPod and would really be a bit peeved if I have to buy a 3rd despite it fitting!

5. macrumors 6502a

Can't say for certain, but I think the wall adaptor is unchanged. It's only video-out, etc., where Apple is trying to grind people for more $$$.

6. macrumors 68000

I use the firewire charger from my iPod photo, works fine.

Of course the firewire cable won't work for transfers, but it works for charging. Just don't forget to press in the adapter when removing, unlike the iPod touch data cable.

7. macrumors regular

great..video-out not a biggy for me at all