iPod Touch does not prompt for a password during a purchase!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Mohummad.ali, Apr 13, 2009.

1. macrumors newbie

Oct 16, 2008
    hello friends!
    i have a problem, i have just made an account with in iTunes with click and buy, but the thing is, my iTouch simply buys the stuff that i click, and doesn"t promt for a password!
    I want to be asked for a password everytime i make a purchase!
    thanks for any help!
  2. macrumors regular

Jul 28, 2008
    The ipod touch and iphone don't request your password again if you've entered it before. It will ask again after you turn it off or after a short period of time. no more than 1 hour but i probably am wrong seeing as I've never tested this.
  3. macrumors member

Jan 4, 2009
    :apple:you probably have entered your password before. It will not ask for a password for every app you download. The period of time between the password prompt is around 5 to 10 mins. Dont worry your ipod is ok
  4. macrumors regular

Jun 6, 2008
    hmm, I thought there was a way to set that through the iPod. I know mine prompts me the first time and then won't prompt again if I buy another app within 2-3 minutes. After that it prompts again.

How is your iTunes account set up? Do you have it set to do 1-click purchases or to use the shopping basket?
  5. macrumors regular

Aug 30, 2008
    Mine is set to 1 click purchases and it never prompts me for my password.
    You probably have to uncheck that option and it will ask you for a password each time.