iPod touch faulty headphone jack

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by FDoggMendoza, Oct 5, 2007.

1. macrumors newbie

Oct 5, 2007
    Just received my new 16gb iPod touch and the headphone jack is faulty. If the connector moves slightly the sound cuts out and the song currently playing pauses. Has anyone else experienced a similar problem, not a happy boy!!:mad:
  2. macrumors 6502a

Sep 11, 2007
  3. macrumors member

Sep 28, 2007
    No he actually means the headphone adaptor being moved around. I have experienced this, but only when I was almost pulling the headphones out. Not sure why I did this but if I leave it in my bag and listen to it the sound never cuts out.
  4. macrumors newbie

Oct 9, 2007
    I just got my new 16GB I-touch and it has the same problem. I can't hear more then a few seconds of a song, and then is pauses as if the headphones got unplugged. Also, the headphone jack doesn't seem to go in all the way, no matter how hard I push. I am very very sad also.

5. macrumors regular

Jan 9, 2007
    New Zealand
    For those having headphone socket problems, is part of your jack still sticking out? If it is, try adding a bit of force and push it in more so that the socket "grabs" the jack.
  6. macrumors newbie

Oct 19, 2005
    My first iPod touch refused to make a complete connection with the headphones. The right channel was completely silent... most of the time. The one time it did work was during my appointment at the Genius Bar :eek: Ultimately, there were more problems with that particular iPod, and I received a replacement.
  7. macrumors newbie

Oct 9, 2007
    You're a genious

I swear I tried pushing it in all the way yesterday, but it just required a little bit of extra push. Once it clicks in it stays in just fine. Thanks!

8. macrumors newbie

Oct 6, 2007
    Northamptonshire, UK
    Headphone jacks seem to be a problem for some people.

My first 16GB Touch went straight back as sound was only coming from one side.

Luckily my second is fab!