iPod Touch frozen on strange screen (pic)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MikeonTV, Apr 29, 2008.

1. macrumors regular

MikeonTV

8GB came with 1.1.3 upgraded to 1.1.4 and used iLiberty+ to JB. Now when it turns on I get the apple logo then it goes to a picture of a USB Cable connecting to the Itunes logo. iTunes will not recognize the iPod.

[​IMG]

Thats what it looks like always. Tried restarts and other computers (windowsXP)

thanks guys

2. macrumors 6502a

LeahM

Have you charged it? Also, try holding down the menu button. Can you load music onto it? I would try that.

3. thread starter macrumors regular

MikeonTV

fully charged and hold down the menu button doesnt do a thing. I cant upload/update music because iTunes wont recognize it

4. macrumors 65816

razorianfly

I've seen and remedied this problem before. Usually when the device is in this state, and asking to be connected to iTunes, it is because it needs to be 'unlocked' so-to-speak by a driver. This driver is called the Apple iBoot driver and comes packaged exclusively with iTunes. Sometimes this driver has a tendency to lock-up or become corrupt.

Fully un-installing and re-installing iTunes should solve your problem.

R-Fly

5. thread starter macrumors regular

MikeonTV

R-Fly your instructions gave me an error when opening iTunes (0xE8000022) so I found this tutorial http://me.dm/blog/2008/04/0xe8000022-jailbreak-8gb-ipod.php and it seems to be working. Currently I am restoring the ipod. I will update this post if anything goes wrong, otherwise I'm back with a fully functional restored iPod.

I believe that this occurred because I jail broke the Touch while iTunes was running. A no no I'm sure.

6. macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

If it doesn't work, put your iPod into DFU mode (hold down menu and power for exactly 10 seconds, let go of power and keep holding menu) until iTunes recognises it. You could also use iLiberty to recover it from DFU mode. LEt us know what happens!

7. macrumors regular

This is the exact error I had when I first opened my iPod Touch and un-installing and re-installing iTunes and all other Apple applications I got it to work. :p

8. PMB
    macrumors 65816

PMB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

SOOOOOO, if i read this right, one or two people having a problem demonstrates the fact that ALL should not jailbreak?

What about the other thousands jailbroken? it is so easy a brick could do it, and recover from a mistake.

Jailbreaking is still worth it.

9. macrumors 6502a

LeahM

No one is dissing Jailbreaking, just trying to help a fellow MR member out. :cool:

10. macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

The original post got deleted :eek: