Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Noted

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 13, 2006
After being on for a bit my Touch gets quite warm/hot. I can still easily hold it but its just noticeably warmer. Is this normal?

samh004

macrumors 68020
Mar 1, 2004
Australia
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

It's normal with electronic devices. I've been using my touch for half an hour in front of the tv and all I'm noticing is sweaty hands.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I've had mine for a day and as you can imagine I've been putting it through its paces (new toy and all). It warms up a bit, especially towards the bottom, but I can't by any stretch of the imagination call it "hot", just warm. On the other hand, this is all subjective :)

aki

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2004
Japan
normally mine isnt hot but i noticed when i use an emulator software like gpsphone it will get hot after 15 or 20 minutes

it also gets hot just from holding in the hand too

dont worry

willshire23

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2009
:mad:hey this happened to me and while it was charging and it just shut down and never started up again

nidohind

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2010
mine too!

hey
my ipod gets pretty warm at the lower backside when I play Final Fantasy 1
out of zelf protection it shuts te app down and I see my iPod menu...
I really hope this is not very bad for my iPod...
but it's pretty annoying when it shuts down and my game wasn't saved...
so does anyone know if this is detrimental to my iPod?

(sorry I don't have an answer to the forum question...:rolleyes:)

grtz TJ

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.