Ipod touch jail break

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jokersamurai, Jul 8, 2008.

1. macrumors newbie

I tried to jail break my ipod touch with the ziphone software on a portable drive. An error occured and it kept trying to install "BSD root: md0, major 2, minor 0". I closed the program and disconnected my ipod and now everytime i turn the ipod on it is still trying to install the same file. My computer isnt even recognizing my ipod.

Any ideas on how to reformat or reset the firmware or fix this problem?

2. macrumors 6502a

restore mode (hold only 2 physical buttons on ipod until it turns off, then let go. plug it into your comp and immediately hold the home button when u see the apple logo appear and keep holding. in a few seconds, the connect to itunes screen should come up (itunes logo with ipod cable))

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

it doesnt turn off when i hold the 2 buttons. what else can i do

4. macrumors 6502a

how long did u hold them? it takes a while... otherwise, wait for the battery to drain

5. macrumors 68040

andybno1

yeh you have to hold the two buttons down till the screen goes blank you know can take quite a few seconds to work

6. thread starter macrumors newbie

i held the buttons for over a minute. after the battery drains do i do the same thing or try the recovery mode thing again?

7. macrumors member

To put into recovery mode, hold down the home and sleep button for 20-25 seconds (the shut down screen will appear but keep holding down the two buttons) When the apple appears, let go of the sleep button. It will then ask you to connect your ipod to itunes. Plug your ipod in and your set:)

8. thread starter macrumors newbie

It wont go into recovery mode so now im waiting for the battery to drain

9. thread starter macrumors newbie

i let the battery die and everything and held the home button to no avail. Is my ipod officially dead???

10. macrumors regular

itzdemo

for some reason on mine i got to plug it into the usb with itunes open then do the holding button tricks for it to work.

it dose nothing if not pluged in.:)

11. thread starter macrumors newbie

still nothing. probably wont work at all thanks for the help.

12. macrumors member

I'll give you $10 for it :)

13. thread starter macrumors newbie