iPod touch questions

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by am1971, Jan 16, 2008.

1. macrumors member

Hi,

bought an iPod touch today and have a couple of questions.

1 - Is it normal that it doesn't appear on the desktop even though it appears in iTunes. All my other iPods could be accessed via the desktop/devices menu.

2 - When I brought it home first I had no problem connecting to my wifi at home. This evening I have to be practically beside the router to get a connection that will last.

The signal strength on the router is the same, could the wireless antenna in the iPod have become damaged? It has been handled with perfect care though, no drops yet:D

Any hints/advice welcome. Thanks.

2. macrumors 6502a

Hls811

1) Yes - thats normal. the iPod Touch doesn't have direct disk access like the other ipods.

2) I've noticed something similiar - even if I'm in the same room teh signal doesn't look like its as strong as it should be - but then again, I can take it down to my basement - which is 2 floors below where my router is and still get a good enough signal. I think it has a hard time displaying its signal strenth even though its working fine.

3. thread starter macrumors member

1 - Thanks for that

2 - It's a bit of a pain that it can't find the network up here - especially when it was working fine earlier.

Cheers though.

4. thread starter macrumors member

Just upgraded to 1.1.3 and the Wifi is much, much better.

I was using 1.1.1 and used Jailbreak to see what it was like. I don't really need any of the Jailbreak stuff at the moment but if anyone else is having connectivity issues it might be worth looking at.

5. macrumors regular

6. thread starter macrumors member

heh, it's quite snappy but then one man's snappy is another man's ...erm... not snappy.

7. macrumors 65816

razorianfly

I believe it is in 1.1.3 yes. The 'signal' or 'range' of the wifi has also increased I think, It seems to have, anyway.

R-Fly

8. thread starter macrumors member

Ok,

more queries!

In the user manual it says:

This does not work for me at all. Nor does the webclips part of Safari. It says:

But the only option when I tap + is 'add bookmark'.

Any clues anyone?

9. macrumors 68020

you have to pay the 20 bucks for the feature but aparently it has been removed from the store due to the constaint crying on the forums about this perhaps apple is gonna make them free i duno

10. macrumors 6502a

xXriderXx7

Yeah, apparently Apple is rethinking their 20 dollar upgrade.

The only thing missing from the update for me is the lack of a homescreen wallpaper, other than that, Id be willing to pay the 20 bucks, if that even lasts.

Also, a non-hacked disk mode would be nice.