Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

P51

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 9, 2009
I haven't touched my iPod touch in almost two months due to being out the country. I came back and my screen no longer feels smooth. My fingers constanly stick to the screen when scrolling. At first I thought something was on the screen so I wiped it with a little water and nothing changed. What happened? I know no one touched it because it's in the sane spot it was in when I left it and I live only with my wife.

Would putting a screen protector on give me the smoothness of the protector? Is that my best bet? What's the best protecter for a 3g all I keep finding is ones for 1g are they the same size?

Skyhigh223

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2009
I noticed this after I took my screen protector off after about 8 months (so if you think about it, my screen hadn't been touched for 8 months)

My screen was all uneven and gritty on my finger, I just gave it a wipe with a warm moist cloth, and after a few weeks it went away.

You can put a screen protector on to get your smoothness back, or just wait a while.

no idea what causes it =/ Just lack of use... meh.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.