iPod Touch Stuck on Recovery Mode

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Brandon Arias, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Brandon Arias macrumors newbie

Aug 31, 2010
    Hi all im new in the forums i came along to register here because i needed help with my new iPod Touch that i've had for a couple days like 18 days.

Problem is that my iTouch is stuck on recovery mode, and need advice how to kick out off but the problem is not this.

I wanted to trade my iTouch to a BlackBerry in BestBuy but they told me you need to un-jailbreak it so we could take your iDevice, i said ok.

So what i did was went to "Settings->Reset->Erase All" then it rebooted my iDevice and went back to Reset and pressed "Erase All Content and Settings" I sat down and wait an Hour-Half, and what i did was " Hold The Power and Home Button til it reboot and put it on DFU Mode. Notice that when i pressed erase all content and settings it was not connected into my computer so probably that messed up the process. So as soon as i wanted to restore back to 4.0.2 the iTouch frozed when the bar was almost finished but the computer didnt froze. As i sat down and waited for it could finish, i just noticed that it didnt finished then what i did was search up on google but didnt found the right answer so something came up in my head. I disconnected the wire off my iTouch and it just turned off and went to recovery mode so i connected it back and it says "iTunes recognize a recovery mode on your iDevice so i restored it back to 4.0.2 and then when the bar was closed to the end it just said "Couldnt restore the iPod "iPod" ; Error - 1611". But now i cannot even turn on the iPod Touch probably the OS Hardware got deleted but iTunes wont let me restore it back to the latest version. But if i get my video camera working again as soon as possible i will record a video of this problem on my iTouch. Please help me, it cost me $275 + Tax even though i paid $150 but i need to pay it every month. And also everytime i turn it on it goes to recovery mode but if i dont do nothing it will come off.

iPod Touch Previous Version: 4.0.2
    iPod Touch Version: 4.0
    iPod Touch: 2G 16GB
    iPod Touch MC or Non-MC: MC Model

PC: Windows 7 Ultimate 32 Bit 730 GB Ram

Please help as soon as possible before i even go to bestbuy and get help or call apple!

EDITED: Moderators can close this topic for prevent spam in MacRumors forums. I recently solved the problem myself since i had to re-install iTunes and reboot my computer and it worked :) Sorry for this but now i have to go to sleep cause i've awake since yesterday.
  2. goosemon80 macrumors newbie

Sep 21, 2010
    ipod 16gb error

Can anyone help me I've done what I could and can not think of anything else. I have a 16gb Ipod touch and it is stuck on the connect to itunes, i connect and it says my ipod is stuck in recovery mode and i have to reset it, i click reset and I get an error "2003". I've tried reinstalling itunes, changing usb ports and restarting my computer, can anyone help???