Ipod Touch turns off randomly help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Riot Officer, Aug 26, 2008.

1. macrumors newbie

My Ipod Touch keeps turning off randomly when im listening to music or on the internet. The battery is fully charged when i use it to so its not the battery. I just start it up and it turns off like in 5mins. It seems that when i touch the black thing on the back corner of the Ipod it turns off. Do I have to call apple so they can fix it or what.(Its not hacked)

2. macrumors 6502

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

4. macrumors 6502

5. macrumors 6502a

chainprayer

Did you try doing a full restore?

Will it shut down if it is connected to your mac?

6. thread starter macrumors newbie

7. thread starter macrumors newbie

now when i try to start up my iPod Touch there's only a black bar that shows up at the top then it disappears. Is there anyway i can get it fixed?

8. macrumors member

ive got the same problem and not got it fixed yet

have you done anything to fix it?

9. macrumors newbie

ipod touch 3g keeps shutting off

Hi I am not happy. I got my Ipod for xmas and everything was good. till two weeks ago when it started just shutting of with little lines as if a glitch. if i tried to search it would go off. so i reset, restored, etc and no luck. i never upgraded nor jailbreak. I wonder if it has something to do with an app cause battery is good and plenty of memory. I took it to apple they could not fix it so they replaced it. Then i tried to use backup and i have no saved games and its doing the same thing the last one did. even worse it wont even come on. What is going on? Could it be a bug from computer or app? maybe i shouldnt off restored apps from old one cause thats where the error may be.

Please help me!
    My email chevy3de@yahoo.com

Sincerely,

Shannon

10. macrumors regular

Do not use the backup, especially since that was on your iPod that had the error. I would suggest wiping it clean and starting off with everything anew, sadly. Glad I could be of some help. :) :D :apple:

11. macrumors newbie

Did you ever figure it out? I have a 4 gen itouch and it hasn't been dropped nor hacked or damaged at all that I know of, but it turns off sometimes on its own, and also with a specific screen shot I try and crop. HELP please!!!!

12. macrumors member

13. macrumors newbie

This is also happening to my Ipod it only works when its charging but if i disconnect it, it will automatically turn off and not turn on until i connect it