Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

glitchu1

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 10, 2007
Hey, so I've already ordered my 16GB touch (its hard waiting...) but I'm wondering, can you sync your ipod wirlessly at all? I have a wirless netowork at home and it would be great if I could just leave my ipod anywhere and just when I think of it hit the sync button on ituns...I know that kind of soudns silly but I ALWAYS forget to sync new songs to my ipod when I get them, then I get on the train and realise, It woulf be great if you could set an automatic sync time of say 10pm every night, so each night it would send and new songs to your touch

nirvana06

macrumors regular
Jan 8, 2006
Toronto
Hey, so I've already ordered my 16GB touch (its hard waiting...) but I'm wondering, can you sync your ipod wirlessly at all? I have a wirless netowork at home and it would be great if I could just leave my ipod anywhere and just when I think of it hit the sync button on ituns...I know that kind of soudns silly but I ALWAYS forget to sync new songs to my ipod when I get them, then I get on the train and realise, It woulf be great if you could set an automatic sync time of say 10pm every night, so each night it would send and new songs to your touch

Maybe something in the future. Not right now though.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005

Nup, iPhone and iPod touch currently require plugging in via USB to sync. That's not to say Apple won't let us in the future - it's all in the software remember.

ldkaplan

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2002
N. Georgia
Not to threadjack, but I'm assuming the ipod touch won't be able to stream music from my desktop, right?

Edit...cool, I'm still a newbie after 5 years :) Guess I need to post more!

asiayeah

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2004
Nup, iPhone and iPod touch currently require plugging in via USB to sync. That's not to say Apple won't let us in the future - it's all in the software remember.

Wifi sync to iTunes is nice. It's also good to download podcasts via wifi directly and actually sync back to iTunes if necessary.

With wifi iTunes store and wifi podcasts, the iPod touch could actually be a standalone device.

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2007

very possible, BUT, that would have to be a feature built into itunes and they have not done that yet..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.