Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hoops

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 6, 2008
My ipod touch was working fine. I plugged into my computer like always and a notification came up saying the ipod could not be deceted and needed to be resorted. So I hit restore and the 'Preparing Ipod For Restore' box popped up. It has now been siitting there since yesterday evening at 6pm. It has done nothing at all. I dont know what wrong but its really irratating.

Also, I do keep my itunes up to date. I have the newest verison of itunes, and I have uninstalled and then reinstalled itunes multiple times to see if that would do anything but still nothing.

The only thing that shows up on the screen is the usb picture and the itunes icon. It wont turn on or anything.

I have no clue what to do.

Luytt

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2008
I have the exact same problem. Bought the Ipod touch today whilst going through Heathrow duty free. Got it all running nicely before take off, had a couple of hours use and when I got to my destination went through the upgrade options. Now it's frozen and won't Restore. The official Mac support site has nothing on this problem - and the problem seems to have no resolution any where else. And I'm now in a different country from where I bought the Ipod. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

diogojg20

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2010
Apple has international waranty service so where ever you are if you bought your ipod is not "Fake" which I doubt duty free shops at heathrow would sell... you are good to go.. You warranty works every where in the world..

Brucewl

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2010
When your iPod Touch only show a USB icon and iTunes, the iTunes which on your computer didn't tell you there is a unknown device need to restore? I remember this situation will show on when my touch have a trouble and can't access the ios. I sugget you take your iPod to Apple Store Genius.

Hayleyy

macrumors newbie
May 9, 2011
Help!

Hey i was just looking through here to try and get some help but i cant seem to find anything that works for me.. you see i have a ipod touch and the battery ran out before i could even plug it in.. so i cant turn it on and off and its saying i need to restore it, when i restore it its downloading it onto my ipod (i think) but when it gets close to the end its says i have an error, ive downloaded the newest verison of itunes (which then deleted all my songs off itunes the next day) and my ipod still wont restore, ive tryed EVERYTHING. restarting my comp, downloading itunes againnn.. but nothing works. if you can help me then please get replay quick! oh yeah and my friend gave me this ipod and its the oldest ipod touch, so i havent got a receipt and im not sure if there is even a apple store near me.. HELPPP!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.