iPod touch won't sync video that i shot with iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jonjames, Jul 7, 2010.

1. macrumors regular

Feb 20, 2009
    Please help recently shot and edited a video with iMovie for iPhona and I'm trying to sync this video onto an i touch and I keep getting a message saying something along the lines of cannot sync video because video can not be Viewed on this device Please help
  2. macrumors 6502a

Aug 26, 2008
    The video shot on your iPhone 4 is in HD. The iPod touch does not currently support playing HD videos.

You will get a similar error when syncing HD movies, TV shows, or Podcasts.
  3. thread starter macrumors regular

Feb 20, 2009
    So is there anyway around it? Can I export the video from the iPhone in a lower quality and it work?
  4. macrumors newbie

Aug 31, 2009
    put the video in iMovie and then export it to the iPod format if you are using a mac.
    Note: iMovie for mac not iPhone

open the movie in quicktime and export it for ipod, there are tons of converters out there
  5. thread starter macrumors regular

Feb 20, 2009
    Sorry for making this so hard but I'm visiting a in law for the first time, they have a pc that is a lil old and don't have QuickTime pro so I can't export to iPod I'm not computer illiterate but I don't really have much need to do things like this usually hence lack of knowledge is there a simple easy free way that someone can explain. I'd really really appreciate the assistance
  6. thread starter macrumors regular

Feb 20, 2009