iPod touch won't turn on! Only shows apple logo?!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by SeanMadd, Oct 19, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

My 1st G iPod touch was acting up last night. I deleted my facebook app and re-installed it to get an update, then while it was installing my ipod completely froze and went black for about 10 minutes. Then it came back on, I downloaded the app, and it was fine again. Then, I thought I should delete my echofon app and re-install that, as it was acting up too. So when I went back to install it, a notice popped up saying this app requires iPhone ios4 or something..? I turn off my ipod before I went to bed 'cos I thought this might speed it up a bit, only to wake up and see it wouldn't turn on :O It only shows the apple logo for about 40 seconds before going black again. I've tried holding both buttons and that doesn't work, and it is also plugged into my computer and not showing up on itunes. I've been thinking about restoring it for the past 2 months as it has become more slow and freezing, but was worried I'd lose everything on it. Someone please help :(

2. macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

plug into computer: wait for the apple to come up; hold home button and lock button for 15 seconds or so.

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Didn't work :/

4. macrumors 68000

Thetonyk123

time for the fabulous DFU mode to help your day.

5. macrumors 6502a

Or it sounds like it might be time to go ahead and take that plunge -- upgrade that antique.

6. macrumors 68020

Firestar

No one said the OP could afford an upgrade, or for that matter, wants one.
    Agreed.

7. thread starter macrumors newbie

Even if I can just get it working so I can get my pictures and stuff off it, stupid me didn't put them on the computer -.- And uh, how do I go about using DFU mode? And might I ask, what is it.. Ha :eek: