iPod Touch Yellow Screen

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by AppleCrisp, Apr 14, 2008.

1. macrumors member

Hi,
    Recently I took in my iPod 32 gig to the Apple Store due to the screen having a slight yellowness to it, mostly visible in the menubar that appeared not white at all. So the guy took a look at it and gave me a brand new one. When I came home, I turned it on and it had the same problem as before. Is it worth going back again or should I just keep this one because it seems many of the 32 gigs have this problem.

Thanks in advance..

2. macrumors member

why would you keep a broken item?
    seems like a no brainer

3. macrumors 6502

Have you ever cleaned it with some sort of solution (glass cleaner etc)

And did you have a protective film on the old one, and the new one?

4. thread starter macrumors member

No it was like that the day I got it, same with the new one. The reason I think I keep it is that basically all of the touches they had in store also had the yellowness so I don't think I'll return this one only to get one with a bigger problem... I guess the yellowness isn't too big of a deal.

5. macrumors member

your weird
    your gonna have a yellow screened ipod, wow

bring that thing in man
    get a new one

6. macrumors 68030

Ivan P

I'd try to get it replaced again, it's a reported problem with some of the first batches of 32GB Touches.

7. macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

Yeah, or wait a few days for a new shipment of iPod Touches.

This is just like that whole week-37-messed-up-blacks-on-screen problem, Apple is really letting their quality control down, arnt they?

8. macrumors regular

most defiantly, I went thru 3 ipod touchs with very noticable dead pixels. finally just gave up and accepted the bag quality control at apple right now.I have a zillion dead dots on my screen ugh

anyone else notice really bad grain on their pictures and notes.app.My first touch was very clear yellow on the notes.app now its has this like dirt on it ugh.